Sunday, September 7, 2014

RECIPE - Pizza - the best ever!

Pizza is my very favourite comfort food, I have tried every type of pizza in Trinidad and I must say that my homemade pizza is the best! You must try it and taste the difference fresh ingredients make.
 
Recipe makes 2 large pizzas.
 
I use Bobby Flay's pizza dough recipe:-
 
I tweaked it to my liking.
 
Combine: 
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup wheat
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 envelope instant dry yeast
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 cups hot water
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dry Italian seasoning
Knead and drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil on dough ball. Cover and leave to raise for 1 hour. Separate into two balls and leave to raise for 10 minutes.
 
Ingredients:
  • 6 fresh mushrooms sliced
  • 3 tomato chunks
  • 1 can pineapple chunks
  • 1 package mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 lb regular cheese
  • 1 bottle Bertolli pasta sauce
Roll out dough and heavily paste Bertolli pasta sauce. Sprinkle regular cheese, put toppings on and sprinkle mozzarella cheese to cover top. Bake for 20 minutes or 30 minutes for crispier dough.
 
 
 
This tastes just as good as it looks, you will not want to buy pizza again! Trust me!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment